Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Greatest Salad EVER


Have you heard of Daily Dish in Franklin? It's actually up in Grassmere, but I just learned that's not actually a city. So we'll say Franklin.

Anyway, Daily Dish is a meat and three next to a dry cleaner, just down the street from the coffee shop that Keith Urban and Nicole Kidman like to hang out at. The daily menu is written on a chalkboard outside the door and you can peruse the dessert options as you're picking up your silverware.

But this meat and three is special, because they have a full menu of salads and sandwiches that you can order in addition to the good ol' southern fare they're dishing out. It's perfect for us, because I can get (the best) macaroni cheese and a salad or sandwich, and Chris can have his chicken fried steak or jambalaya or whatever else they've got going on. It's one of our favorite lunch places.

About a week ago we went there for dinner with both of the kids. They shared a kids meal and (brace yourself) THERE WERE LEFTOVERS! From MY KIDS! These are the same kids who often eat more than me at any given meal. So as far as value goes, nothing beats it.

I ordered the Almond Encrusted Goat Cheese salad. I've had the Pesto Chicken Sandwich before (amazing) but I was really just craving some fruit and veggies.

Oh. my. goodness.

Seriously, this is the BEST SALAD I HAVE EVER EATEN.

And I said so between just about every bite. And I couldn't quit talking about it all the way home. I don't know how to fully express to you just how good this salad was, except that I have been thinking about it for the last 10 days and right now I'm trying to figure out how I could talk my boss into taking us there for lunch today. (It's at least a 45 minute drive each way from our office. Not going to happen.)

Just looking at this picture makes me want to drool.

No comments:

Post a Comment