Thursday, August 5, 2010

Too much?

I think it's possible I've hit the limit to the number of balls I can have in the air without completely loosing track of things. Here's what I have going on right now (in no particular order)


  1. 2 1/2 year old, 1 year old

  2. Husband

  3. Creatively Fit Marathon: 26 paintings in 13 weeks

  4. Training for second triathlon this summer- Cedars of Lebanon on August 28

  5. Training for Women's Half Marathon on September 25

  6. Etsy shop (sort of...haven't sold anything yet)

  7. Finding Water: The Art of Perseverance Group

  8. Full time job

  9. Private Pilates Lessons

  10. The Pilates Lifestyle Book

  11. The Book of Ruth


I think I'm a little overwhelmed. Actually, based on my shopping habits lately, I know I am. When i get overwhelmed, I shop. A lot. When I was in the hospital with gall stones last year I bought $350 worth of stuff from Gap.com. Luckily, I was able to send it all back when the pain meds wore off. My big purchases lately have been gear for the tris, new clothes, and books. I currently have over $200 worth of stuff in my shopping carts at both Athleta.com and TeamEstrogen.com. I've also got $60 worth of stuff in my Amazon cart. Chris said it's fine, as long as I don't hit the "Complete Purchase" button on any of them.

"Honey, it's okay" he said, rather reassuringly. I knew what was coming. Encouragement that if it was stuff I really needed it was okay. I was wrong. "Cute stuff will be on sale again another day. You don't need to buy it now."

Such a wise, wise man.

No comments:

Post a Comment