Friday, August 27, 2010

Golden Age of Couture

I went to the Frist Center for the Visual Arts today to redeem the Groupon that we purchased yesterday for a free membership. It was perfect timing because I was already planning to go today to see the Couture Exhibit that leaves on September 16. There were a few things I learned:

1) I should have been born rich, and in 1930 so I would have been the perfect age and class to wear all of those amazing clothes.
2) I want to pay more attention to vintage styles and hopefully score some dresses from the 40s and 50s.
3) I want to start making my own clothes again. I made the dress I wore in my High School graduation pictures...but that was the last thing I made, even though I received a sewing machine from my parents when I graduated from college.







No comments:

Post a Comment