Monday, June 22, 2009

Writing Time?

This has been my reading time- the time when I just sit in Lily's room waiting for her to fall asleep. But, I think I might be able to use it for writing time too. As long as the tapping at the keyboard doesn't bother her. It's still light enough outside that the light from the screen isn't a big deal, which is nice.

I starting reading Julia Cameron's book something about Paper...I can't remember the name right now- Sound of Paper maybe? last night. I was just trying it out- I got it from the library to see if I wanted to buy it, but I got kind of into it. I'm trying to keep myself from starting anything new right now though, so I kind of made myself quit. I don't know if that was a good idea or not, but between the two jobs and the almost 2 kids, I have enough on my plate. I don't like starting things I can't commit to, it makes me feel like I'm failing when I can't complete it. I am excited to dive into it after the baby is born though- the way it's broken up will work really good for my schedule- it seems like for each section you really only need 15-20 min, which is often all that I have.

Lily used to go to sleep so well on her own, now she lays and plays with her feet and just generally won't stay in her room. I don't know how I feel about putting a lock on the outside of her door, even though I've been told that's what works.

No comments:

Post a Comment