Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Proof that God is a Man

Matthew 10:30: And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered.

If God knows all of the hairs on my head (which I beleive He does, after all, He created them), then he must be a man, because no woman would do this to another woman.

I have thick hair. In both senses: I have a lot of hair, and each strand is very, very thick. It's sort of wavy, sort of straight. Very prone to frizz. Very. I sway back and forth from very, very short, and trying to let it grow out. The longest it's every gotten is about 14 inches- I know because I cut off 12 of it and donated it to Locks of Love. I'm in the growing out phase now, it's almost to my shoulders. It's not quite long enough for a pony tail, but I wanted to do something fun this morning so I pulled what I could up into a barrett at the crown of my head.

The problem is that I did this while it was still wet. Which means that now it's looking like I have the "wet look" aka greasy going on. And I don't, it's just honestly still wet. It will more than likely stay wet until I take it out of the barrett tonight, because my hair is so thick that it doesn't dry when it's bound up. When it was longer, I once french braided it into 2 pigtails that literally stayed wet for two days. Before you think that I'm an unclean person: I showered one morning, braided my hair, and took the braids out the next night when I showered again. My hair was still wet.

I love my hair when it looks good. I just wish it didn't require so much effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment