Thursday, May 20, 2010

In my old room

I'm at my parents' house with the kids through the end of the month. It was a very fun, spur of the moment (a month ago) trip that came up because of random circumstances with Chris's job that would make it convenient for him to be in Minneapolis in a week. So, rather than come for 2 days, we came for 10.

It's so funny- I always come up here thinking that I'll be able to relax and just get away from everything, when, in reality, it's usually just as busy if not more while I'm here.

I have to work my regular hours the whole time I'm here because I'm hoarding my last week of vacation for our planned family trip in August.

I want to reconnect with some friends I haven't seen in a long time.

I want to nap.

I want to go take pictures.

I want to play in the lake.

I want to get away and figure out what's next for me. It's time to move on to something new.

I need to have a goal check in.


This is what my friends and I painted on my bedroom wall on my 16th birthday. It's no masterpiece, but it struck me when I saw it today that art has always been in my life in some form. I made some of the furniture in my parent's living room. I took several of the pictures on the walls. I got in a river for my graduation pictures for heaven's sake! There is this artsy fartsy side of me that is dying to become more. More what? is what I need to start to unravel.

No comments:

Post a Comment