Friday, April 17, 2009

How did this all become my responsibility? I have to carry the child, then apparantly it is completely up to me to determine how to care for the child and, if I work, to figure out who will watch it while I work. Plus I must be sure to feed and clothe my family. Sure, he will do the dishes and the laundry and he mows the lawn because my wrist won't let me push the mower that long, but the little things...filling out a sheet of paper to have our furniture cleaned...that takes months. And telling his assistant the AC at the company apartment is broken- that takes 5 days- 2 after I point out that the AC has been running for a day and the place hasn't gotten any cooler, and 2 nights where we sweat more than we sleep. I hired the painter after waiting for 2 weeks for him to call and get quotes that never came in. I met the fence people. When the baby is sick I'm the one who has to figure out how to get my job done while I'm at home with a 1 year old.

And today is his birthday, so I'm not allowed to be mad at him. I have to go to lunch with him. I don't want to. I'm tired. I'm tired of doing everything. I'm tired of not being able to have a conversation with him because he just pretends to listen, doesn't really give any feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment